Sunday, October 27, 2013

Wolftron

Last December, I met a very interesting person who loves music as much as I do (no, much more than I do). He is a very warm and friendly person who happens to work in the radio industry here in the cities. Aside of his professional career with music, his personal taste is very diverse but definitely unique and notable.

He introduced me to a few bands I have never heard of, but I was instantly won over by the artists. There is one in particular that got my attention the most: Kenny Choi also known as Wolftron. 


The man behind Wolftron is Kenny Choi. I know very little of this artist. I know he’s a Korean American artist from Washington and was in a band called Daphne Loves Derby. He left the band to focus on Biology. He is now working at a Cancer Research Center in Washington and is happily married. 


His music is very insightful and inspiring. We could say he wears his heart on his songs. Some people hit the gene pool lottery when it comes to creativity, talent and intelligence. This guy, is one of them. I hope he continues to write more songs. I would love to hear more of him, it's too bad I found out about him after his Daphne Loves Derby days. The lesson learned from this is to support the bands and singers you like when you can, because you never know what's in the future for them. 




I'd like to share some of my favorites:  


Sugar Skulls--
"Sticks of death, cigarettes I hate the smell of smoke but I've learn to hide it in.
And then when I'm old I'll damn these broken lungs I should've listen to my friends."

Stay Safe-- 
"I want to be the one who saves you from this world, you will be the one who saves me from myself"



Strawberry Eyes--
"Watch it burn, let's not care what anyone says, Let's not care what yesterday wastes, all that really matters now, is the escape. In our sleep, let's pretend tomorrow will bring, hope, that makes the darkest heart sing"

This is my favorite.. I would quote every single word of this song, but it's better to listen to it and internalize it. 



So, what do you think? :)

No comments: