Saturday, October 26, 2013

I was an emotional wreck this week.




This week has been so tough and I’ve already broken down twice. Besides that incident at school, today at work I couldn’t pull myself together.

I barely slept this week because of four major papers. One was already turned in, the other one was revised today with my field instructor and my field professor, the other one has been emailed to my classmates to be revised and incorporate it to a major policy analysis paper due this week.

The only paper left is a theory paper on a really good book I’ve been reading.

It’s almost midnight, but I am glad I have done at least 70% of the workload.

Despite all this weight on my shoulders, I consider myself very lucky to have a strong support system. I am surrounded by amazing people and continue to learn from them every single day.

At work, I got a few surprises that totally made my day and also made me cry a river of tears. I also received so much support from my friend and boss, and from my field instructor who offered to give me an assignment where I have to spend a few hours at local coffee shops doing homework to make up my hours!

Although life has been stressful and sleepless, I am super content to have people who make me smile every single day. I wouldn’t be anywhere without you guys.

Thanks to you all who cheer me up, who cheer for me and who support me and give me hugs when I need them.

Thanks for the Starbucks gift card, Pang. I can’t thank you enough for the kind words I get from you every single day. For the trust you’ve invested in me for this long and for actually making me feel like I’m worth a million! The laughs in our office are simply unforgettable. You’re such an awesome person and I feel lucky to spend my weekdays with you. I wouldn’t want to have it any other way.

Maryan, you’re such a lovely lady and so caring. Thanks for the scone and the hugs, thanks for the kind words and for consoling my heavy heart. I know you totally understand my stress and frustration and I hope you know that I am also here for you when you need me. Like Maribel said, when we’re done with our degree it’s going to be that much sweeter.

Noor, you’re so cool for everything you have done for me, offering your help and putting your needs aside for mine. I truly appreciate the help and all the lessons I learn from you. I miss seeing you everyday, I miss hearing all the goofy stories and all the eye opening and interesting things you say. I’ve learned that no matter the distance, I can count on you. I hope you know you can count on me too.

P.S. This makes my night so much better, my cat is super cool for never leaving alone. :)

The look on her face is priceless! 


I should also include in this post an update about The 1975 (in case some of you are wondering). I ended up not going to the concert. However, my friend Min invited me to see them at StudioC where they were going to perform a few songs. I couldn't go either because of a meeting at work. But he did send me some pictures and footage of their sound check :) Matthew Healey is super cute!
Min in the middle, and Matthew Healy on the right. 




2 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

As a grad student I can definitely empathize with the papers. They're never-ending aren't they?? LOL>

Peaches said...

Haha never! I can't wait until winter break. I will hibernate and sleep through my days and nights!... good luck to you and stay motivated :)