Monday, October 28, 2013

Honey


I say “I like him” to all of my friends
I tell them he likes me too, “but he pretends”
We’re always busy and this sh*t never ends
Not quite so young but he still blends
Let’s dance in the night
and end this fight

Running in circles and coming back down
a smile instead of that frown
I know this ain’t hard, he can shoot straight to my heart
I got the honey and he got the money
I’ve got the brain, he makes it rain
Twenty-eight, here I am, with kisses for one man

I looked for nothing
…that’s when it happened
My rhythm-less body
Collided with his
hands fell in place, got lost in his embrace
One last glance, a kiss on the mouth and he went south..
I went my way and he went away

An end to something with no start
or a start of something with no end…

*This song is also inspired from Mat Kearney's song "Honey"

No comments: