Friday, September 20, 2013

Friends and Friendships



The very first time I discovered I could have other friends beside my lovely sisters was in kindergarten. We were little in age and size, but we had big dreams and a big heart. 
 
What can I say, we were cute little kids! 
I remember hanging out with those girls at all times, regardless of time and place. They were smart, pretty and simply innocent. I remember playing with Barbie dolls and forgetting to go home after school, spending the afternoon with them.

It has been almost 20 years since I saw them, but I cannot forget the sweet memories and the mud houses we built together.

I'm in the back (left), my best friends are in the front (left and middle)
We, as human beings, were designed to create and build relationships. In fact, it is believed that 80 percent of the cortex (called the neocortex) was developed to help human beings understand each other with regards to intentions, feelings and thoughts. Much of our brain is devoted to relate to each other, which is why friendships are extremely fundamental to emotional and psychological well-being. Besides, friends are the only “family” we get to choose J
I love the diversity in culture, age, personalities and ideals in our friendship
And we know how to have fun! 


I have lived a live full of laughter, tears, pain, and many friends along the way to make me a bubbly and happy person. I have a lot of respect for those who took time to understand, know, and cherish me. I truly believe I am who I am because of those people.
Fermin, who was more than a friend and taught me more than I can explain.
In California




Cip, my far-away friend. We met in high school, and became good friends after high school
I wish I could still see this girl, she was sweet, cool, and never afraid of anything or anyone



I also have loved and lost some of my friends, but regardless of where we stand today, I am convinced that I will never forget the impact those friends had in my wondering live. I will never forget the way they helped me grow and the new outlook they provided to my live. I am truly thankful for such fortune, their kindness and wisdom will forever be embedded in my soul.


The days I learned from awesome people

This was by far one of the best days of my life, I will never forget that friend who made me feel so special. He will forever remain in my heart and mind. 

We were young and dumb, but this guy has known me since freshman year in highschool



In a way, this post is sort of a tribute to the people who care, love and accept me (and my sometimes irrational ideas) for who I am, despite the challenges in their own microsystems.


















I have no words to express how grateful, appreciative I am for you, and how admiring you guys truly are. I have learned so many great things from you all, and I wish I could give back what I get from you; love, hope, believe, appreciation, respect and laughter.






MY CHINGU! The BFF ;)










And lastly…a few words for the ones that have showed me friendship since the day they met me! J

My little Sister Nena 

My wonderful mother and amazing older sister

How I love this woman, she's truly an example of a great woman

Do you know how amazing she is? :) 

She's elegant and beautiful, I learn from her all the time!
Chin-gu, you fit right in :)


The meaning of friendship takes form and becomes alive in my mother, father, and sisters. It is them that represent what love, forgiveness, friendship, and dreams should be. Friendship; It is my older sister who inspires me every single day to dream, live, learn, fight, and love. Friendship; It is my little sister who teaches me time and time again to love, forgive and excel.
They are my world, and mean the world to me!





I LOVE YOU! 

No comments: