Wednesday, April 2, 2014

To Grow Up or Not To Grow Up, That Is The Question

This afternoon at work, my friend and I suddenly had the urge to listen to Ed Sheeran. Do you know how amazing he sounds? I am head over heels for this guy! :P



We literally played this song over and over again!


Sometimes, I know I say ridiculous stuff, but today we were completely off the wall!
Among other things said (and sounds we made), we finally found the word to describe this song: eargasmic! We laughed so hard someone had to tell us to quiet down.

I asked her if we were ever going to grow up. As if this was a choice. We looked at each other and started laughing again and said: "Nope! We're never going to grow up!".


It is comforting to know that a certain part of me will always remain playful and child-like. Life shouldn't be so serious. There's always room for humor.

Then I met a guy at my favorite coffee shop (there weren't any tables left so he sat down at my table across from me) and I caught myself talking very mature and "grown". I sounded so different, so sure of myself. I know the environment changed, and the setting was different, but deep down inside I felt more like myself when I was laughing my ass off with my friend.

So, maybe I don't want to grow up. And the cool thing about this is that my friends don't care how silly, goofy, or immature I am. There are boundaries and limits to immaturity, but honestly, why rush it!

So, be goofy, be silly, and be yourself. One day we will have to grow up... but not today! (This is the creative procrastinator in me!)

:)

P.S. Meet my friend:


No comments: