Tuesday, June 25, 2013

My blog is alive!


Hello my friends and welcome [back?]!

I was supposed to be doing laundry but while I was looking through old emails I came across my old (super old!) blog, so I read it and spent over 40 minutes trying to figure out the password! I finally got it and here I am….

As I read the old blogs I’ve written I begin to meditate on the person behind those blogs, I sounded so sure of myself yet so naïve at the same time. But you know what? I know that person, and I miss that confidence I used to have, and that faith I once had.

It’s hot in my room, I have the window open, where I hear the wind caress the trees so passionately and a cat is meowing—no it is not Talitha—I know that because she’s sitting next to me.

This is Talitha :P


As I think about how to start this, I first want to get something off my chest; I’ve only showed this blog to a few people, but this time I want to share it with my close friends which is mainly composed of my sisters, my chin-gu, my partner in crime G-dog, Belly, and a few others for whom I have no nicknames yet but I will find them one.

Chin-gus!


Lately, I’ve been inspired to write due to an unfortunate turn of events and I wrote a few short poems that might seem depressive, but believe me I am not depressed, they are simply sincere from an open heart and not an open wound.

You and Me

You:
A fighter for justice
Me:
A summer solstice
You:
Almost never stand still
Me:
A heart you can’t steal
You:
A ray of light I can feel
Me:
A touch of the color teal

You fight for equality, uniformity and consistency.
I stand, tilt and go through seasons just as the earth
You move in your own way, active, lively and energetic.
I guard my heart, but often fail, and then hide and run away.
You’re like the sun-rays, warm, bright, strong and ultraviolet
I’m like the color teal, bright, unique and dense
Have you ever seen that color in direct sunlight?
It’s beautiful, and that is who I am when I am with you.

And this is a poem to my long-lost friend:

When I feel the summer breeze, when I hear the trees breathe or when my mind is at ease… I see you, hear you, remember you
You smile
I beam
You speak
I hear
You drive
…I’m alive
“push the pedal down watch the world around fly by”
again and again
pain is not gain
pain is vain
Scars and stains
is what we had left and I wait for time to heal
One last appeal
“Come and we’ll try one last time, I’m off of the floor one more time to find you”

What do you guys think? :)

Oh, on another note, I was accepted to the University of Portland Oregon!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I only have two thumbs, that's why I can't give it more. Chin-gu!! You are so good writing. I really like the poems. Thanks for sharing with us the wonders you write. That picture brings back lots of good memories. You are very appreciated by yours truly.:-).. Please keep on sharing and lets keep on creating new and better memories!

Unknown said...

Wow! I love the way you write Chin-gu!

Peaches said...

Gabe! Chin-gu, thanks so much for the wonderful words you've left here.. I am inspired by people like you who are super positive at life, even when you're not feeling all to great, you always manage to make a witty joke out of it, I envy that from you, but I love that you share it with us :D