Sunday, February 9, 2014

Kiss Me & Hymn for Her (Hoy-Gloria Estefan)


"Settle down with me
Cover me up
Cuddle me in..."



"I don't wanna find someone I can live with 
I just want to find someone that I can't live without..."
Chill tunes for this mellow Sunday. I know I seem like a selfish bitch at times and I might say things that seem like micro-aggressions but I swear I don't intend to hurt anyone. In fact, I want what everyone else wants, to be loved and understood. I am even more vulnerable that I think I am. I hate being so weak and emotional, but every time the stressors in my life reach my limit I tend to break down a little. What can I say, I'd love to blame the hormonal imbalances and outbursts of my biological composition, but ultimately  I reap the consequences of my actions (regardless of hormones and biology). 
Anyway, I like to think that music was designed to express a lot of feelings that are hard to articulate in simple words. So this Sunday, this two caught my heART. Well, there is a third song that left a strong impression in my mind; Gloria Estefan's, Hoy (en Español). 
"Hoy voy a verte de nuevo..." Y quisiera que ese fuera mi consuelo, de verte otra vez y enredarme en tu ropa.

No comments: