Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Speaking of breakups....

It's fun to look back and see what we write in the moment of hurt and confusion...this is what I wrote in such a  moment:



From break up to make up,
Fight after fight, the pain is non-stop
And I see in your soul
We loved deeply and out of control
All I really wanted was to be yours
Before men, and behind closed doors
All I needed was your honesty
We could’ve saved the pain and anxiety
Who cares if we went against society?
I could’ve loved you for eternity
And if eternity was not enough
I could promise you infinity
Things could never get tough!
But you chose,
Its what I wanted I suppose..
I just hoped I was your choice
But I knew it the minute I heard your voice
You knew it in your heart
You knew it was time to be apart
My tears weren’t enough to hold you back
And so I got in the car and didn’t look back
Tried, but failed to get drunk
Tried to get rid of your things but they ended up in the trunk
Lost in desperation I went to the mall
Holding my tears, wanting nothing at all
One last attempt that night
I went in, but I lost your sight
I didn’t sleep tonight
Today I might,
The tears have run dry
And I’ll give my pillow a try
Meanwhile,
You smile
You laugh and sing
The pain does sink in
With miles in between
The heart will heal
I wonder if this is real
I wonder what you feel…

No comments: