Monday, June 9, 2014

Lately...


So much has happened in the last few weeks.

So many good things have been happening lately, but along with those good things came the changes one must accommodate. But, that's actually beside the point, it's the extra things that life has thrown my way that I'm most grateful for... 

A few weeks ago, I met the cousin of a friend. He is a Korean exchange student at Oklahoma University. At first, I didn't think too much about him, but as we got to know each other we discovered we had much in common. We both love soccer, and there wasn't a day that we didn't mention something about our favorite teams or players. We bonded over music and we toured the beautiful Minnesota. 

We said goodbye last Thursday. And I can feel the void in my afternoons without him. I don't know when I will see him again, or if I ever will. But I know one thing of sure... the fact that I feel the void of his absence means that he left a mark in my life. I can say he feels the same way too. His kindness and purity in his actions were unique and altruistic. He had no other intentions but friendship, and I knew it, which is why I miss him. 

I know if I ever visit South Korea, I can count on him to tour South Korea with me! I can't wait for that opportunity. 

And as usual, here are some pictures of him--














No comments: